We are very happy to announce that today Westerlaken foundation / Yayasan Bali Bersih received a fund of 10.400 euro for emergency help in NTT (Lembata) from NEBA foundation in The Netherlands.
Cyclone Seroja has raged over a number of islands in eastern Indonesia (Flores, Sumba, Lembata, Adonara, etc). 181 people have lost their lives, but many more people have lost their homes and households. Currently, survivors are still being sought. Life was hard in NTT before COVID-19 started, got harder because of COVID-19. Losing hearth and home has made life even more difficult for many. Social unrest creates even more problems. Many people live without electricity and clean drinking water due to the devastation of cyclone Seroja. As a foundation, we want, together with NEBA foundation, to help the needy population with long term solutions.
In this relief campaign we will focus on the Lembata region.
At this moment we are preparing the the drop off, so after the mudik travel ban we can bring the goods as below to Lembata.
1) Providing solar home systems (panel, battery with USB port, two lamps, World Bank Approved) to 100 families, with this we are working on the United Nations Development Goal 7 (Affordable and Clean Energy) As foundation we have an MoU with All Solar Lights.
2) Providing water filters to 100 families (possibly a certain percentage in public places to increase access) with this we are working on the United Nations Development Goal 6 (Clean water and sanitation)
For waterfilters our foundation has a cooperation with Sosial Impakt.
3) Providing emergency assistance, with the intention of being functional for a long time.
1) 100 families (500 to 750 people) have electricity in their homes for a minimum period of 5 years
2) 100 families (500 to 750 people) have clean drinking water for a minimum period of 2.5 years